The Pirate Bay was blocked in Argentina on July 2014 by a local court due a copyright claim. There was no a legal trial, it was a one-sided action and it was not possible to appeal the sentence. We presented an appeal for fundamental rights violation and the judge declared himself incompetent to deal with the case. Now we need to appeal again and another judge will be assigned. We want to show that the community is stronger than a single institution, that's why we created this campaign.
ShareLikeAPirate is a campaign whose main objective is to spread news and increase exposure of the Legal Actions presented by the Pirate Party from Argentina for the blocking of TPB in the country. The idea is to publish free content (personal pictures, music, videos, books, papers, etc) mainly by people affected by the sentence to show that it is censorship against the freedom of speech.
ShareLikeAPirate wants to increase exposure according to the following strategy:
- Creating free content collectively under Creative Commons license
- Sharing free content through The Pirate Bay adding the hashtag #ShareLikeAPirate
[Create] Collective creation of free content[editar]
- Organize online events where artists, programmers, hackers, makers or whoever wants generate free content (music, painting, photography, software, literature, etc) under the Creative Commons license
- Share this content through The Pirate Bay adding the hashtag #ShareLikeAPirate to join this campaign
- We will search for content having the hashtag #ShareLikeAPirate and we will add it to the legal appeal as part of our legal action to show how many people is affected by the blocking of TPB.
The censorship to TPB do not only block us from publishing our free content to The Pirate Bay but it also block us from accessing content created by others. We will add to the legal action all content that it is not accessible from TPB due the blocking.
Other collectives like netlabels, journals, magazines and independent artists already created pirate content with Creative Commons licence. We encourage the community to share content through The Pirate Bay in order to adhere to our fight against this violation of fundamental rights.
If you make any of these tasks, please let us know mentioning @PartidoPirataAr in twitter, so we will give you credit for the support.
- Make creative flyers
- Create guides to share content through The Pirate Bay
- Contact netlabels, collectives and particulars related to the free culture and ask for support
- Organize online events to publish content collectively using the #ShareLikeAPirate hashtag
- Share your own content adding the hashtag #ShareLikeAPirate
- Contact TPB crew to put a flyer in promobay
Legal document presented in the court[editar]
Feel free to use, translate, change or copy the legal action. It is only in spanish right now: